King Prawn Tacos with Homemade Guacamole
Fat, succulent and full of flavour!
Prawns are a fabulous addition to any taco and pair perfectly with guacamole. The nutty and acidic guacamole perfectly compliments the sweet and succulent prawns and the crunchy lettuce, giving you a flavour explosion in every mouthful. They are super quick to cook, making them the perfect healthy option for a quick mid-week meal or taco party extravaganza!
Ingredients for the Prawns
- 400g Raw King Prawns (Defrosted)
- 2 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 1 tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Pepper
- 1 tsp Chili Powder – or to your taste
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Ground Coriander
- 1 tsp Ground Cumin
Ingredients for the Guacamole
- 2 x Avocado Diced
- 2 x Beef Tomatoes Diced and seeds removed
- Small Bunch Fresh Coriander Chopped
- 1 x Red Onion diced
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 x Gem lettuce shredded or your preferred lettuce
- Soft Taco Shells - Flour or Corn, your choice!
- 1. Using defrosted prawns with any excess moisture removed, add the dry ingredients and prawns to a bowl and mix thoroughly. Put to one side.
- 2. Add the diced avocado to a bowl and smash with half the juice of a lime and a teaspoon of extra virgin olive oil. These will aid the smashing process. Smash the avocado to your liking.
- 3. Add chopped tomatoes, coriander, and salt and combine well. Add more lime juice and salt to taste. The lime juice will prevent the avocado from going brown.
- 4. Add the prawns to a medium-heat pan with a splash of oil. Add the prawns in one layer to ensure even cooking. When the prawns turn pink on one side, after around 3-4 minutes, flip them and cook for a further 3 minutes. Remove from the pan when pink through.
- 5. Serve the tacos immediately, layering with lettuce, avocado and prawns.