Parmesan and Paprika Crusted Haddock with a Pea Pesto
This is a great and super easy recipe.
It’s a fab way to start your children cooking with you as they can help to dip and pat the crumbs onto the haddock and covering it with the delicious crumbs will make even the pickiest of diners fall in love with fish. The pea pesto is a fresh and delicious way to eat one of your 5-a-Day and perfectly goes with the crumbed haddock. They are baked so no need for fat-fryers. However, if you want to add them to your air-fryer, there is nothing stopping you. These will be a household favourite after the first try.
For the Fish
- 4 Haddock Fillet Portions
- 50g Panko Breadcrumbs
- 3 Garlic Cloves – Minced
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1tsp Paprika
- ¼ tsp Sea Salt
- 1tbsp Flat Leaf Parsley – Freshly Chopped
For the Pea Pesto
- 150g Frozen Peas – Defrosted
- 50g Fresh Mint Leaves or Flat Leaf Parsley
- 1 Large Garlic Clove – Crushed
- 50g Ground Almonds
- 100ml Olive Oil
- 40g Finely Grate Parmesan
- ½ Lemon – Juiced
- Salt and Black Pepper to taste
- 1. Pour Boiling water over the frozen peas to cook. Blitz all the pesto ingredients in a food processor or use a hand-held processor to form a soft paste. Fold in salt and black pepper to taste.
- 2. Dry haddock portions with kitchen paper to remove any excess moisture and set aside.
- 3. In a small bowl, mix all of the topping ingredients together to create the breadcrumb topping and season to your taste.
- 4. Place the haddock portions onto a line baking tray. Lightly press the breadcrumb mixture onto the top of the haddock portions to form the crumb topping.
- 5. Grill for 4-5 minutes, depending on the thickness of the fish. Cook until the topping is golden brown and the fish is opaque and cooked through.
- 6. Serve immediately with the pea pesto and sauteed potatoes.