The Ultimate Fish Finger Sandwich
We know, you’ve heard it all before. Everyone claims to have the ultimate fish finger sandwich but we have cracked it.
It’s simple, how it should be, but wow, it’s delicious! In a few, super easy steps, we’ll guide you to making the fish finger sandwich of your dreams. We’ve used our jumbo cod fishfingers for this which we highly recommended but, it also works well with goujons or homemade fishfingers. Whatever fish you choose, follow the rest of the recipe for a British classic that is the best sandwich you can make (we think so anyway).
For the Tartar Sauce
- 4 tbsp good quality mayonnaise
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2tsp capers – drained and chopped
- 2tsp cocktail or regular gherkins – drained and finely chopped
- 2tsp fresh flat leaf parsley – finely chopped
- ¼ lemon – zest and juice.
- 4 Jumbo Cod Fishfingers
- Ciabatta rolls – halved and lightly toasted to serve.
- Iceberg lettuce - chopped
- Pickled Red onions
- Leftover slaw from our Monkfish Skewers recipe
- 1. Place your fishfingers on a baking tray and cook for their recommended time and temperature on the pack.
- 2. Place the ingredients for the tartar sauce in a bowl and mix well until combined.
- 3. When the fish fingers are done, spread tartar sauce on the ciabatta, add the lettuce and cooked fishfingers and more tartar sauce if you fancy. You can also add slaw if you have some.
- 4. Enjoy with a cold beer or non-alcoholic alternative.