Chunky Cod Loins with Tomatoes, Olives and Capers
Chunky Cod Loins with deliciously softened Tomatoes and Olives
Look no further for a dish that perfectly balances all food groups. The tomato and olive mix perfectly complement the chunky, flaky cod. Adding acid with vinegar and sweetness with honey, the flavour will dance on your tongue. The caper-infused butter adds another delicious layer to this recipe, resulting in a succulent and flavourful mouthful with every bite. Perfect served with steamed veg, a salad or buttery potatoes. Whatever you choose to pair with this meal, you'll come back time and time again.
- Regal Fish Cod Loin
- 250g Baby Tomatoes - Halved
- 100g Kalamata Olives - Halved & Stones Removed
- 1 tbsp of Sundried Tomatoes - Diced
- 1 Red Onion - Sliced
- 3 Cloves Garlic - 2 sliced, 1 minced
- 1tbsp white wine or sherry vinegar
- 1 tbsp runny honey
- 1 knobs of butter
- 1tbsp capers roughly chopped
- Handful of fresh parsley
- 1. Add a splash of olive oil to a frying pan over a medium heat. Add in the garlic and onion and cook until soft.
- 2. Add the tomatoes to the pan and cook until soft. Stirring sometimes to prevent them from catching. When the tomatoes have softened, add the vinegar and honey and stir through.
- 3. Cook the mix for a further 5 minutes and dice half of the olives. Add the halved olives and half of the diced and sundried tomatoes. Stir thoroughly and remove from the heat.
- 4. Add a splash of oil to a frying pan over a medium-high heat. When the oil is hot, carefully place the cod loins into the pan.
- 5. This is a good time to boil any vegetables you'd like to serve with the dish. We chose sprouting broccoli but any green veg is good.
- 6. Cook the cod loin for 5-7 minutes until they begin to brown on the underside. Flip the loins carefully to ensure they remain in one piece.
- 7. After 3 minutes of cooking, add the knob of butter to the pan with the capers. When the butter has melted, baste the loins with it.
- 8. When the loins have cooked, remove them from the heat and sprinkle with parsley. If they need to cook more, you can place them in an oven to cook through.
- 9. Add the tomato mix to a plate with the cod loin on top. Drizzle any extra butter over the loins for an extra buttery finish and the rest of the diced olives. Add your veg and enjoy.